Search This Blog

Incomplete Love Story

Incomplete Love Story

........

like an unfinished dream, an incomplete story
a letter half written, a forgotten melody;
certain things are better incomplete
like our...

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Why Life is so unfair at times???


It was half past two at night, the train was moving at its full speed and everyone was in their deepest of slumbers except the two insomniacs – I and Ishan.

“Only two hours is left and then we will reach our destination!” said Ishan

I nodded in approval.

We were going to Kerala, for our first Industrial tour. This was the first time when our whole class (except few people) was going somewhere together, excitement added a great spice and surely we were going to explore new levels of fun.

“What are you thinking?” asked Ishan

“Nothing” I said

“I am not at all sleepy. What about you?”

“Same here”

“Then tell me the story of your love life.”

“My story is all over my blogs and they are the same old break-up story, nothing new. I haven’t heard any such things from your side. So bring it on.”

“I don’t have any such stories.”

“Don’t lie, you are 20 years old now and I am sure you will have atleast one girl in your life.”

He hesitated a bit but then I probed him to narrate his story, he started narrating his story.

Once upon a time, when I was in 7th grade I use to stay in Bhuj, a small place in Gujarat. She was my neighbor, Jennifer that’s her name. Her brother became my good friend since we three were the only children in our building we were not left with any other choice rather than hanging around with each other. And nobody had any issues when I use to visit her place. My visit became frequent, every now and then I will knock her door and with the excuse of borrowing some notes I would spend some time with her. Things were going very well and I started liking her. Slowly slowly we became good friends but probably God didn’t like this closeness and so her dad got transferred to New Delhi when we passed our 8th grade. She went very far away from me and I lost all her contacts. During that time, there was no Facebook or Orkut to find someone, but I didn’t move on. She was still in my mind till the next two years when I passed out my 10th boards and my dad got transferred to Chennai. I came here, joined a new school made many new friends but she was still there in the back of my mind all the time. But then something happened, something very unpredictable which I never expected. One of my friend, he came to Chennai from New Delhi and he was in the same school where she studied, I got to know this because always he use to talk about some girl named Priyanka and whatever he told me I don’t why he told me, but whatever he told me I was cent percent sure that this was the same girl for whom I have been longing from past two years. I asked him when he visits New Delhi the next time click a pic of hers and show me. He hesitated a bit but when I explained him the state of my heart he agreed. Days turned into weeks and weeks into months and finally he showed me her pic. As soon as I saw the pic the sky fell over my head and land escaped from beneath. It was her!!! I never expected that life would surprise me this way, I cursed god the day she went to New Delhi but today I was at a loss of words. I had no clue how to thank god. This was some kind of miracle or this was my fate I was not sure. I asked my friend to give me her phone number, I added her on Orkut (yeah that time, Orkut was very popular in India) and to my surprise she recognized me at once. Soon we got addicted to each other, we would talk hours over phone, exchange numerous sms, chat on Orkut, not even a single day passed without talking to her. We were getting close to each other and this time it was different unlike our childhood days. She had a clue that I had started liking her but I never had the courage to pour out my heart in front of her. I was basically a big time coward when it comes to this. Soon our 12th board exams arrived and then the duration of call decreased and so the number of messages. But somehow we managed to cope up with the situation. Days use to be very boring without her messages and nights use to never ending without her call. I use to feel very lonely. After when our exams got over, I felt a sudden change in her. She used to be very silent which was very unusual for a bubbly girl like her. I tried asking her the reason but she never revealed the reason. I decided that the day when our result will be out, I will call her and pour out my heart in front of her. Finally the day arrived; I called her up instantly after checking my result. No one picked up; I tried again but in vain. I waited for a while probably she was busy checking her marks too. Two hours passed by and I didn’t get any of her calls, I tried again but again no one picked up. I kept on trying the whole day and till the wee hours of morning but no one picked up. My heart beat grew faster; sweat bead appeared on my forehead. Negative thoughts started circulating into my head. I couldn’t resist anymore and I ended up calling on her landline number even though she told me not to call on her landline I did. I dialed her landline number; with every ring my heart felt a pang. Someone picked up, I didn’t recognize her voice.

“Can I speak to Jennifer?” I said

“Who are you?” she said

“I am her Friend, Ishan.” I said

And the next moment all I could hear was her cry,

“What's the matter?” I asked anxiously

“I am her mother beta; Jennifer is no more with us. Last night she committed suicide because she failed in her board exam…”

And the phone fell from my hand, body became numb, I couldn’t feel anything for a long time. I sat there on the floor, kept on staring at the phone. I could still hear her mom’s voice. Tears trickled down my cheek and I cried, till when I don’t know. My head became heavy; all those memories spent with her started circulating in my head. I was broke, for the first time I mustered up all the courage to pour out my heart and the day I decided to tell her everything god took her away from me for once and for all.

There was an eerie silence; all we could hear was the rattling sound of train. I excused myself to the door and light up a cigarette.

“That was the most unpredictable thing that ever happened with me.” Said Ishan

“You didn’t get a chance to even pour out your heart, why god is so unfair?” I said to myself

“I know what you are thinking, that I didn’t get a chance to pour out my heart in front of her. I couldn’t tell her that I loved her. But you know something I don’t have any regret for that. I accept the fact that I loved her, she was very close to me but more than that we were great friends. And doesn’t matter if she had any feelings for me or not, that is not important at all. The pain of losing a best friend is way more than the pain of losing a lover, because in future you may get many lovers but friends like her, you get once in life. And I lost her forever. She couldn’t bear the pressure of failure and ended up committing suicide without giving it a thought what will happen to those people who were close to them. And that’s my story. My Incomplete story…”

“I am sorry buddy; I shouldn’t have probed you so much to tell me.” I said and took a long drag

I was regretting now, that why on earth I asked him about it. How he must be feeling now? I cursed myself.

This is life, which proves out to be very unpredictable all the time…

I ask God, why is it so???

Why our life is so damn unpredictable???

Why true love stories are left Incomplete???

Why??????????????????????????????????????????

2 comments: