Search This Blog

Incomplete Love Story

Incomplete Love Story

........

like an unfinished dream, an incomplete story
a letter half written, a forgotten melody;
certain things are better incomplete
like our...

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Miracles do happen in Life...

Do you believe in miracles? Have you ever experienced something out of the box? Something which made you believe in the presence of some higher authority around you? That supreme power, which is sitting there and controlling us, even I never use to give it a thought. But then few days ago I happen to experience a series of events which actually changed my perspective towards it.

I am not an atheist nor am I a theist. My conscience always lies between faith and science. But there are certain mysterious things in this world which changes the course of someone’s lives. And when you are the one who’s witnessing it from a distance then nothing could be better than that.

Over past centuries and centuries, people tried hard to solve those riddles about life. But then not everything can be known to mankind. And when we are on the saturation level of discovery we start believing in something. Something very unpredictable, some name it as GOD, some gives scientific theory and some doesn’t believe in them at all. And this belief often leads us to something really good or maybe something really bad. That obviously depends on the choices that we make in your life.

I have known a guy since the beginning of my college, very unpredictable guy I tell you. We are done with our third year of college and placements are coming up which would decide the fate of many people. So this guy had a CGPA of 5.34 till previous semester with two back logs. In order to become eligible for placements one need to have minimum of 6.0 CGPA with no backlogs. So he had to do something out of the box this semester and come out with flying colors. Whole semester this guy had his own fun, most of the time he was stoned and didn’t care to attend the classes. His friends lost hope on him and they thought he won’t be able to make the cut. Being an observer I kept on doing my work from a distance and the good thing I liked about him was he never showed anyone about his problems. Always kept a smiling face, his family had a lot of expectations from him and he was not sure whether he will be able to fulfill them or not. He never told his parents about his situation. Every day he kept on motivating himself, that yes he can do it. In the back of his head there was always a question popping out every now and then. 

“What if I’m not eligible for placements? What will I do then? What will I tell to my family?”

And he never dared to answer them. He just kept a straight face and told himself that he’s a great finisher and he will make the cut this time, because he don’t have any other choice.

The whole semester passed by in a blink, he managed to cope up with the subjects and write his exams well enough to get good grades but his one paper in which he had backlog wasn’t satisfactory. He was scared that this might ruin the party. Then all his hopes would go in vain and he will lose his once chance which may be the deciding factor of his future.

He needed 7 GPA in the current semester and clears his backlogs. The vacation got over soon than we would have thought and seventh semester kicked off with great enthusiasm. There was something which made him out of the crowd and that was his self-belief. He believed that he has given his best shot and now everything lies in the hand of that supreme power.

Then one fine evening, when our results were announced he came running towards me and hugged me tightly. He said,

“I scored 7 pointers in this semester, cleared all my back logs. My CGPA just crossed 6.0 and I’m eligible for placements.”

If anyone else would have said that then I would have just gave him a nod. But the intensity in his voice was so much that I hugged him back. There was a hidden pain in his voice which he never showed to anyone and when he did what he believed that he would do, his happiness knew no bounds then. I never saw this guy so happy in past 3 years of my college life.

He continued,

“I can’t explain you how I am feeling now. I have never felt so light ever in my life so far. I am feeling as if someone has just removed the piles of stones from my head. And just wait and watch I will bag a job and shut their mouths completely who said that I will never make the cut.”

“All the best man.” I said

I wished him good luck and walked away. I needed sometime alone to think about his experience. Wow! I reflected. Now that was something, miracle really? I mean do I have to believe in that now. Not that I doubt his caliber, he has more potential and he can score more easily. But the series of events that happened so far leaves me with no other choice than to believe in the fact that sometimes in life, miracles do happen.

All we have to do is, keep believing in ourselves and give our best shot as if it is our last. Keep on pumping the positivity inside you and it will reflect around you. There were many people who scored 9 pointers, 9.8 pointers but I only looked at this guy. People who top the university have a habit of doing that only. They have never faced failure in life, and they don’t have the courage to withstand the storm that may hit them in coming future. And needless to say if they were in his position they will never have made the cut.


“One who believes in himself can make the world go round.”  


2 comments:

  1. yeah, miracles do happen for those who believe,and have courage. Accept the life with courage, That's the great news frm you Mayank. Wish u gud luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a miracle ?? It is his hardwork and not a miracle definitely !!

    ReplyDelete