Search This Blog

Incomplete Love Story

Incomplete Love Story

........

like an unfinished dream, an incomplete story
a letter half written, a forgotten melody;
certain things are better incomplete
like our...

Saturday, November 3, 2012

to a true friend, a loyal companion


I am known for my weird dreams, since childhood I always had weird dreams and whenever I shared it with my friends nobody believed in those dreams. And so today I had one. The weirdest dream of my life.
I was browsing Facebook when my mom called. As soon as I picked up the call I realized she was crying her heart out. She just said one thing and disconnected the call. It kept on echoing into my ears, “Rocky is no more with us.” He was my pet, a friend, a loyal companion and the most loved member of my family. I was numb after hearing such news; he was not well from past twenty days. He didn’t eat properly and he was kept on saline drips which made him weaker as the days passed. A month before he was full of life and he was the shining star of our family. From past ten years he was the part of our family and as I said the most loved by everyone.

Tears started trickling down my cheeks and I broke down completely. I cried my heart out, screamed, yelled at God and went to sleep. While I was trying to sleep, all those moments spent with me started circulating in my head which made me cry even more. I prayed a lot for his well-being but they were never answered. I cursed God even more and I fell asleep. And this is what I saw,

I was standing in front of a golden gate with the board which said, “Heaven.” I wore a white dress and I saw Rocky sitting outside the gate. As I approached him, a tall figure in white robes appeared in front of me.

“Who are you?” I asked him

“I am the representative of Heaven, people in your world which is my creation tag me as God.” He said

“Am I dead?” I asked him

“No you are very much alive.” He said

“Then why am I here?” I asked him

“You are here because I don’t want another person who believed in me the most to join God-Hater’s-Club.” He smiled as he said

I was confused,

“Of all the human beings why you have called me? There are many believers in your world. Then why me?” I asked him

“Do you recognize him?” he asked me as he pointed towards rocky

“Yes, he’s my rocky.” I said as I choked

“He has been waiting from past many hours outside the door of heaven. There is something that he wanted to convey you all before entering the gate.” God said

Hearing this, my eyes were filled with tears again. However I mustered up all the courage to ask him the reason,

“What is it?” I asked God

“He has been a part of your family from past ten years. And all these ten years he was loved by your family very truly and deeply. You prayed for his well-being when he was not well. You asked your friends to pray for him. But when he left your world and came to me, you kept on asking me questions like why your prayers were not answered? The answer to your question is, I am the creator and destroyer of this universe and everything has a certain limit of their existence in this universe. I sent you all from here and you were born. You live your life, experience everything and come back to me when your time is done there. And this part even though everyone understands but no one follows it. Ultimately I am the one who is blamed for anything and everything. When he became a part of your family, every one of you served him well, he was loved the most in your family, you guys went beyond your own limits for his well-being, and you compromised with your health sometimes but never when it came to him. I gave him certain time limit to live the world I have created and his time of existence was coming nearer so he fell sick. From past twenty days he didn’t eat anything and his condition was becoming worse day by day. I gave him two options – to live or to come with me.

If he has chosen to live, then he would have died anyway after few days because his time of existence in my world was over. So he chose to come with me and live in peace. And the reason he decided to come with me was not because he wanted to live in peace. On the contrary, he wanted you all to live in peace. Though he is a kind of creature who can never express what he is going through but he knows exactly what is going around him. When his health became worse, he saw how everyone of you were going beyond your own limits to cure him, how you all were stressed because of his health and how you all prayed to me for his well-being every instance. He knew no one had a peace of mind and just for the sake of your peace of mind he asked me to take him away with me. But he wanted you to know this and that’s why I called you here. Now you decide what you want to do, you can curse me and be worried all the time, mourn over his death or you can pray for the peace of his soul in the third world. If you chose the former then his sacrifice would go in vain and he will never be at peace.”

God turned towards rocky and said,

“You did your part well; you are a fighter a real brave fighter. You laughed with them in their pleasures and boomed through their disappointments. You experienced everything with them and you took a very brave decision. They will cry their heart out but accept it as a part of fate. But you will always live within their heart forever and ever.”

Rocky turned towards me and came running. I hugged him tightly; God held me by my shoulder and said,

“I know what it is like to lose people but you have got to learn one thing that one day even you will have to say goodbye to the whole world and come to me. And that time even you will wish for the same what rocky wished for. He will be always remembered in your family, will remain intact in everyone’s heart and I assure you he will come back into your life once again in which form that you will have to figure out.

God turned around and started walking towards the golden gate, rocky followed him.

“But God why you didn’t call anyone else from my family?” I asked him

He turned around and said, “I will let you figure that out.”

He moved his hands in air and the golden gate opened. He crossed the gate and so did rocky. Both of them turned around and the gate closed. As they disappeared after a while, I closed my eyes.

And when I opened them I was lying on my bed. I checked the watch it said 03:09pm. When I went to sleep it was 1:52pm. I took my phone and texted my close friend about the dream, I was still clueless what it meant. I checked the watch again and then it struck me. 03:00pm was the time when Jesus Christ was born, and I figured it what God wanted me to figure out.

I got up, switched on my PC and started writing it as my blog. As I updated it I was sure no one will believe in it and they will see it as some another fictional plot of mine. But what happened with me only I know what it was and what it meant. I don’t owe anyone any explanation.

PS: this is not some fictional plot, it’s a true story.


3 comments: