Search This Blog

Incomplete Love Story

Incomplete Love Story

........

like an unfinished dream, an incomplete story
a letter half written, a forgotten melody;
certain things are better incomplete
like our...

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Challenge Accepted…

“What you do?”
“I write.”
“What do you write about?”
“I write scripts for advertisement firm.”
“I didn’t ask you what you do for a living. I want to know do you write anything for yourself.”

This is a very famous cameo, done by Naseeruddin Shah in the movie Zindagi Na Milegi Doobara. It reminds of my current situation. Amidst the hustling-bustling of finding stories and meeting deadlines, I am left with no time to spare for my life. After joining Times group, my whole day goes by in search of some story and night passes in filing reports. I don’t know when I should write something for myself. Most importantly the question always is what to write.

Although I am very much happy with the way my life is going. I always wanted this. I always wanted to do what I am doing every day. However the fact that I am not updating my blog disturbs me sometimes. Journalism is not about us, it’s about the people. The joy of writing something which reflects meaning of your life and expressing the feelings curbed inside your heart is immense. One feels satisfied after pouring down everything which resides inside our mind and heart.

Sometimes I feel in the process of trying to become a good journalist I may end up losing the ‘writer-inside me’. I am not complaining. I surely want to make it as a top journalist but not on the cost of losing the ‘writer-inside me’. The ‘writer-inside me’ has helped me to reach where I am. And now when I am here, I don’t want to leave him so that he gets lost somewhere. And that maybe the reason I am pouring out the state of my mind, in best possible way. It may not make any sense at all to many; I am doing this for myself. Someone told me, when you have no clue what to write about but you want to write something. Always start with the feelings you are going through, it always works.

When I was in Engineering College, I had ample amount of time to write about anything and everything. I used to be frustrated most of the time and it helped me to shape up my blog. If you are able to channelize negativity to create something positive, it always works. Most of my blog posts were crafted in the middle of those lectures. The transition is I love every class now.

Every morning when I leave, I think about writing something after coming back to my room at night. But when I am back, most of the time I am tired and overloaded with many other works. I need to find a way out. I have two options, either to stop writing for myself or manage my time in a way that I am able to balance my work and personal desire at the same time.


The former is not in the picture and the latter is challenging. And I love challenges in life. History is evident how I have emerged out of those tricky and challenging situations when everybody gave up the hope.  


No comments:

Post a Comment