Search This Blog

Incomplete Love Story

Incomplete Love Story

........

like an unfinished dream, an incomplete story
a letter half written, a forgotten melody;
certain things are better incomplete
like our...

Monday, March 13, 2017

A home away from home...


A decade has passed by,
Still feels like yesterday,
When I grabbed my bag,
And wandered into the unknown.

Though every single day,
I thought about you;
Though never expressed,
The feelings suppressed inside.

The color of festivals,
Bring back those memories,
Still fresh and vivid in my mind,
Like it was yesterday.

The days when my dad's voice,
Used to wake me up,
And scolding from mom,
For staying awake till late.

When a week before,
Preparations used to start,
When we were always ready,
To strike a war.

Pockets filled with color packets,
Hand holding our gun.
Dodging every single splash of water,
That came our way,
Nudging people to make way through,
To the den of our friends.

Holi was only a reason,
To celebrate the togetherness...

Shirts were torn but not a single scratch,
Faces were colored yet no respite,
Unless we were satisfied coloring our small world,
There was no going back.

Once back at home,
We were welcomed with a plate of delicacies;
Pua and chicken used to be my favourite.
But wash your hand before you pick,
Were my mom's favorite line,
I have missed a lot lately,
Realised my mind.

When the entire house,
Used to be filled with the fragrance of delicacies,
We used to pick and choose,
Used to feel like a royal feast.

When washing away the colors,
Used to be a pain,
But make sure you look normal,
Used to be the game.

Evenings were serene and beautiful,
As we were welcomed everywhere.
Holi was the reason,
We were allowed to stay outside till late,
With nothing to do,
But hang out with a bunch of friends.

Now things are different,
But heart longs to revisit those lanes again.
I get up and make my own coffee,
With no one to wake me up,
I can stay out whole night,
But no one will ask me,
I can eat with dirty hands,
And no one will scold me,

It is Holi today,
Then why doesn't it feel like,
My pockets aren't full of colors,
Neither I have my gun.

I will wake up on the day,
And cook my own food,
There is no one hiding in a den,
To paint them with color.

A decade that I have spent,
Without you my home,
I miss you every single day,
I wish I come back soon...

Source: https://www.zoomcar.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/1.jpeg

2 comments:

  1. Living away from home is not easy. Whenever there is some important event or religious occassion it brings to mind all the memories of good times spend with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love makes us strong and sometimes weak also. You have defined the love very beautifully in your words and thoughts. It is showing that you are very lonely and dreamer also

    ReplyDelete