Search This Blog

Incomplete Love Story

Incomplete Love Story

........

like an unfinished dream, an incomplete story
a letter half written, a forgotten melody;
certain things are better incomplete
like our...

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Wisdom Tree…

I was sitting on platform number one, at Bangalore Cantonment Station and to my surprise the platform was a deserted place even in the broad daylight. My train was an hour late and I had no other choice than to sit there all alone. I was getting bored, also I forgot to charge my iPod and even the time was passing by at snail’s pace. So I started doing what I am good at, I started observing my surrounding. Whenever I am alone or sometimes even with people my mind is always busy observing something, in search of some story or something unusual about which people don’t care in their busy life. Forget about something unusual, these days people don’t have time to even reflect on their life. They will waste their time stalking someone’s profile on Facebook; nevertheless they will take some time out and reflect on their life. They are always unaware of the fact that there are so many little things which happens around us but they are always being ignored or never noticed at all.

So I was all alone on the platform and I had to do something to pass my time. And what I saw in the next twenty minutes of my life filled my heart with immense joy and happiness. It was something I have never seen in my life ever before, something which we never see in our busy life. For some people this might not be much of a use because there are some people who do things only because they will get something in return. No one wants to spend their time on something which will give only happiness in return. They call it a waste of time. For those people I feel sorry and this blog is not for them.

There were rice grains lying on the floor and pigeons started coming out from somewhere and gathered around the grains. They started picking them up as fast as they could, filling their beaks full of grains. And then there was this one fat ass pigeon in the middle that started fighting with other pigeons. To my surprise that one pigeon was enough for the other six pigeons. He did not let anyone to pick any grains, and he was standing in the middle all alone picking up the grains all by himself. And if some pigeon tried to come near him and pick some grains, immediately he will run towards them and hit them. They had no other choice than to stand and watch him take all the grains. This continued for a while until another pigeon came from somewhere again, stood in front of that fat ass pigeon looked into his eyes and pushed him out of the crowd.

And now this new pigeon started doing the same thing with the rest of the pigeons left. It seemed as if the new pigeon was some big shot of that area who couldn’t tolerate the fact that some other pigeon was trying to rule over in his area. I was enjoying the show and I was the only audience there to record the fight between pigeons. Never before in my life have I ever seen eight pigeons fighting with each other for food.
And then what came next was the best example of team work I could ever give to anyone. The fight was between seven pigeon versus a lone ranger. Those seven pigeons teamed up and decided to take on the lone ranger together. They divided into the teams of two and gathered around the rice grains from every side. At one point, one team will go and hit the lone ranger while the other teams from other side would go and pick up the grains. By the time the lone ranger could realize it was already too late for him and then again he got hit from the other side. This continued until there were no grains left on the floor and the lone ranger was left perplexed and trolled. And those seven pigeons flew away after filling up their beak with grains. I don’t know whether they distributed the grains among themselves or not. But that sight was amazingly beautiful and it happened at the right time when I was alone and the only audience to witness their show. I was still in the awe of that moment.


When you are alone you often tend to witness the beauty of nature. And it is so true. In the daily hustling bustling of our life, we often ignore even if we see something very unusual. But I feel good about myself that I am not among those people who ignore things instead I always record in the back of my head all those moments and share with the people on my blog. There is always a chance of learning from every creature of this world. After a while I boarded the train, took my seat and then it clicked in my head, why the platform was empty all this while so that I could see what I have never seen in my life before, so that I could witness the beauty of nature, so that I can reflect upon it, so that I can write about it and share it with the world.


1 comment:

  1. next time when I m outside I will make sure my phone is in silent mode n I will spend my time without listening to songs like every teenager observe nature cos it is a true teacher!!

    ReplyDelete