Search This Blog

Incomplete Love Story

Incomplete Love Story

........

like an unfinished dream, an incomplete story
a letter half written, a forgotten melody;
certain things are better incomplete
like our...

Thursday, June 5, 2014

#1 That nostalgic moment…


It is always amusing to explore more about the human psychology. When I joined my college four years ago, I had just one feeling about it. How I am going to spend the rest four years of my life in Chennai?

And today when everything is over I feel bad about it. I also feel good about it. But I don’t exactly know how I am feeling. Am I feeling good because I completed my graduation or am I feeling bad because I am leaving a lot behind? I have a mixed feeling about everything and so I decided to explore all those feelings by sharing those moments which kept me going throughout my college life all over my blog. So the coming few days I am going to share all those colorful moments of my college life.

My first day in college is still so fresh and vivid in my mind as if it was yesterday when I was standing at the gate of SRM University, this time I was pretty confident as this was not my first time staying alone. I already experienced that bachelor life when I stayed in Hyderabad for two years. So I had already overcome those feelings and I was just looking forward to an adventurous four years of my life. However I never thought it will actually turn into some masala movie in the end. I don’t know why but my life always has a story to tell.

I was new to Chennai and I had no clue how I am gonna survive here. In Hyderabad it was not necessary to learn Telugu because every people over there spoke Hindi. And I managed my days in Hyderabad quite well without even learning the regional language. But the case was not the same in Chennai. Here very few people knew Hindi and I use to be speechless and expressionless at times. That was one major challenge for every north Indian of our college. That was the reason initially I had such hatred for the place. Apart from that the climate condition, the food issue and there was no meter system in Chennai auto. They all use to ask almost double the rate for anywhere we wanted to go. First three years of college I never bothered to even ask any auto guy to drop me anywhere. Bus or local trains were the only two transport system which we decided to rely upon. And both of them use to be crowded as hell. Even sometimes when we were damn tired we had no other option and board a train or bus. Sometimes being amidst that crowd use to be fun, helping someone unconditionally in a bus always gave me immense pleasure and happiness.

The morning 4’o clock tea with hot vada or bajji was always amazing. The sunrise from marina, getting stoned at broken bridge, walking endlessly to find something to eat in afternoon, the lectures, the bunks, the fest, the night studies, the results, the placement drive, the backlogs, the politics everything had its own value and fun which I feel now when I reflect on all those moments. There were times we kept on bitching about Chennai all over the country telling everyone not to come, and now I suggest people to live in Chennai. Except of the heat it is a good place to live in, you get peace of mind, it is safe and it has a lot more which most of the people have not explored yet. The best part which now I like about Tamil Nadu is people over here have preserved their heritage, culture and tradition. I don’t want to offend anyone but with the advancement of technology and western culture influence many people have lost it. But in Chennai doesn’t matter you are a millionaire or billionaire there are certain things which is common among everyone.

This city has taught me to remain calm in the worst situation of life. It has taught me to follow my dreams and never give up. The four years of my life here was amazing, though I ended up disappointing many people again but what I have learnt about life in these four years of my life, I can’t explain all that to anyone else. It’s my own experience which is going to help me in life. And yeah doesn’t matter what kind of situation comes I know one thing for a fact that I can handle all sorts of situation in life and I am gonna come out of anything with flying colors.

The friends, I made here, I don’t know till when we all will be in contact. But I know one thing the time that I have spent with every one of them was epic and I have treasured every single memory which I replay every now and then. And whenever I do, it brings a smile on my face.

As they say every beginning has an ending and every end has a new beginning.




No comments:

Post a Comment