Search This Blog

Incomplete Love Story

Incomplete Love Story

........

like an unfinished dream, an incomplete story
a letter half written, a forgotten melody;
certain things are better incomplete
like our...

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

#6 The City Of Dreams…



Mumbai has always been known as the city of dreams. So many people come here in the search of their dream. This city has given a lot to so many people; this city has helped so many people to live their dream. There is something special about this city which makes you fall in love at first sight. The energetic environment, the beautiful places and the vintage look which has been preserved from ages now gives a different feel to this city. Busiest as ever, people are always busy in their life. And above all that the Mumbai Monsoon is something you would die for. I always wanted to experience the great Mumbai Rain and this time I arrived at the right time. I am not sure when I will be back but this vacation has been really inspiring for me. And now when I am all set to leave Mumbai, one part of me wants to stay here forever. I feel great about one thing that I am going to do is I am going to chase my dream. Very few people in this world knows what they want from their life, how they see their life in future. And to be one among those people who is ready to take risks in life and follow his heart, I feel as if I am on the top of the world. This feeling often fills me with great enthusiasm and no matter what lies ahead I know I am going to do really well. I have gained back my self-confidence which I lost during the final year of my engineering. At one point of time I was not sure what will I do once my college gets over. I am not a kind of person who can spend his life living in the cage; I am an explorer of my world. And I have spent plenty of time thinking about my life after college. Perhaps my decision has disappointed a lot of people but I know everything will be fine soon. After all in the end everything just falls back to its right places. It is just a matter of time.



I wish to return to this amazing city soon after I finish off my journalism and explore the depth of this city. It feels like I am a part of some movie whenever I go out, while I was admiring the serene beauty of marine drive in evening it reminded me how once Mr. Shahrukh Khan who felt defeated with life almost 30 years before stood in front of trident hotel, cried his heart out and took an oath that one day he is going to own this city. And few years down the line this city owned him. It gave him a family, a home, his dream and his life. We complain a lot about life, that life is cruel, our fate often betrays us and we end up cursing ourselves for what we have done in past. Nobody understands the simple thing about life is that our future doesn’t depend only on what we have done in our past. But also what we are doing with our present. Everyone goes through hard time in life, sooner or later they have to go through hell that’s the rule of nature which no one can evade from. I have known people who were few steps away from their dream and then when life slapped them hard they felt weak and gave up on their dream. The one who stand still in the storm of life always reaches the shore of his/her dream. There was a time when people kept mocking at me that my dream is not practical and I should be more realistic about life. Well there will be people around you who will try their best to distract you so that you don’t live your dream because they failed to do so. All you need to do is keep your ears close, look directly towards your dream and keep walking. You will face a lot of troubles on the way towards your dream, there will come a time when nothing would seem right, there will be a lot of distractions coming your way, people around you will make sure that  you end up giving up but all you need to do is stand still and face it. the moment you will finish your journey, when you walk down the path soon enough you will see the shining sun smiling at you and welcoming you in the world of your dream.



I was watching Wake Up Sid few days ago, the scene when Ranbhir Kapoor took Konkona Sen to marine drive where he explained about the Mumbai Rain like how people complain about flood, electricity, traffic but Mumbai rain is something which he would die for. And when I witnessed that scene from my eyes, I had no words. I was speechless, kept on admiring the serene beauty and by the time I realize it was raining, I was completely drenched. I smiled at the sea and walked back slowly enjoying every droplet of rain which filled my heart with immense joy and pleasure.



I can write whole day whole night about my wonderful experience and I would never get bored of it. I leave tomorrow; I hope that I come back again next year to this city and experience some more wonderful moments which will be treasured in my heart forever.  




P.S- People who have never been to Mumbai, the next thing you should do when you get holiday is visit this amazing place.


1 comment:

  1. There is a long list of reasons to justify that Mumbai is an amazing city But yeah the Rains and Marine drive tops the list.

    ReplyDelete