Search This Blog

Incomplete Love Story

Incomplete Love Story

........

like an unfinished dream, an incomplete story
a letter half written, a forgotten melody;
certain things are better incomplete
like our...

Friday, July 26, 2013

Who says, "Pappu can't dance saala...?"

Since my childhood I have been a Pappu when it comes to dance. I never danced in my life. The reason behind this being simple, firstly I don’t know how to dance and secondly I am way too shy to move my bums in front of everyone. And when the DJ party was planned in our resort when we were in Goa I was clueless what I am gonna do there. You ask me to cook I will do that. You ask me to write something I will pour out my heart in front of you. You even ask me to sing I would even do that even though you never wish that to happen. But dancing is just not my cup of tea. Forget tea not even a cup of coffee in my case. And so I always picture myself in the song Pappu can’t dance saala from the movie Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na. I was sitting inside my room and hoping that I get some reason to escape this part of the trip but seldom that happens. What you always want to escape you end up being its first victim. And the same happened. The party kicked off while I was still in my room. And then the faculty who was accompanying us for the trip came to my room and dragged me literally to the dance floor. While I was climbing up the stairs my mind was doing a bit of rehearsal because I knew I can’t escape from this anymore. And when I entered into the lounge I don’t know what exactly happened to me. The ambience was amazing like a proper DJ night, truly kick ass and there was energy flowing around from everyone present there. Everyone gave me a smile when I walk past them and joined them on the dance floor. Something was there which gave me the exact feeling to come out of my shyness and rock the dance floor. When I don’t do something I just don’t do it. But when I do something I do it very seriously. And for the next two hours I danced. The moves were coming naturally with every track. People of my class never saw me dancing in past three years and that night I danced with everyone who was present there. The energy level was superb and I didn’t feel anything in those two hours. The sweat, the strain, the tiredness everything didn’t seem to exist there till the time the party was on. And if there is a better way to put it, we burned the damn dance floor. And since that night I am finding a reason to dance. I have overcome my shyness and now I am ready for another amazing night like that. This time I don’t need someone to give me a push to the dance floor, I will be already there. 

Who says now, “Pappu can’t dance saala”


No comments:

Post a Comment