Search This Blog

Incomplete Love Story

Incomplete Love Story

........

like an unfinished dream, an incomplete story
a letter half written, a forgotten melody;
certain things are better incomplete
like our...

Monday, September 30, 2013

The story of a kitten…

It was a very tiring day for me and Rishab. For no reason we had to roam around the whole day in this hot weather of Chennai, leaving us tiresome more than usual. We crashed at Rishab’s place in evening where Pranav and Subho were already waiting for us. After an hour or two, Vivek came to Rishab’s place with a small surprise. He was holding his bag very cautiously in his hand. We thought he has brought beers for us but instead he took out one cute looking kitten. The kitten was very skinny and was shivering with fear. While coming to Rishab’s place Vivek almost ran over the kitten. Fortunately nothing happened and the kitten was saved. But looking at her condition Vivek felt bad and took her with him on his bike. As soon as he kept the kitten on the floor she started searching for a place to crash. I was feeling uncomfortable, not that I am scared of them. It just makes me a little uncomfortable. She was cute but very weak. It seemed as if she didn’t get anything to eat from a long time. We bought milk and bun for her; tried feeding her but it was in vain. The kitten was sleepy and not in a mood to eat at all. I asked Vivek to leave her for a while; perhaps she needs some time to adjust in this new environment. After a while she got up and started strolling around the room looking for something to eat. So we gave her a bowl of milk and to our surprise the milk was left untouched by the kitten. Then we tried feeding her the bun. She ate the bun but didn’t go near the milk. I was surprised to see a kitten that didn’t even touch the milk for the first time in my life. The only reason we kept on feeding the kitten was because we were scared looking at her condition, what if she dies was the only question that kept circulating in our head. And no one wanted that to happen. So forcibly we made her eat something and then she crashed in one corner.

That was a noble gesture by Vivek who actually saved the life of a kitten; we however played a very small part in taking care of the kitten. Probably it is not a big deal but even if it is a small thing it meant a lot to us. We felt really good that we all played a role in saving a life. And then when she woke up, she was quite active. Vivek had to go early so he couldn’t witness that moment. The kitten was in a playful mood and kept on playing around till the wee hours of morning. And I, on the other hand was watching her play. I didn’t sleep because I was afraid what if she goes out of the window or some other cat enters the room in our absence and something unusual happens with the kitten. That feeling kept me awake till 6 in the morning when finally the kitten slept off; I went inside the room and crashed on the bed. She made me sit and watch her play whole night. But I tell you, it was one of the finest moments of life. I could see the joy in her eyes, the joy of getting a new life. I found myself at peace after that. Sometimes we happen to do something which stays with us forever. And whenever we remember that moment, it gives us the moment of peace and joy. Sometimes we end up doing something for which we feel proud of ourselves. And I was proud to have friends like Vivek, Rishab, Pranav and Subho who took care of the kitten after that night. Now whenever I go to their place, I find the kitten in a great mood and good health. She got adjusted in her new environment quite easily and now she is a part of their family.


Always be a helping hand, you never know when you end up saving someone’s life.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind gesture you and your friends extended towards the scared kitten. I donate to animal rescue missions regularly and feel really sad seeing a weak animal in pain or hurt or stranded.

    ReplyDelete